Welcome to Thisabled.com
- Chocolate recipe: Hot Chocolate
- Expert Advice on Traveling with Children with Special Needs
- Rexnord Industries to Pay $25,000 in EEOC Disability Bias Suit
- EEOC Sues Nick’s Restaurant for Disability Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Retaliation
- Social Security Announces New Expedited Disability Process for Veterans
- Diesel Showcases First Wheelchair User to Model for Design Company
- Social Security Expands List of Conditions Qualifying for Expedited Processing
- Take Extra Precautions as Temperatures Drop Below Freezing
- VA to Expand Benefits for Traumatic Brain Injury
- The Quadriplegic Beekeeper
- Top 5 Cyber Monday Safety Tips
- Tips for Saving Energy During the Winter by USA.gov
- Support the Human Rights of People with Disabilities By Passing the CRPD
- Diabetes in Children: What Everyone Should Know
- New Report from NCD Explores Scope of and Solutions to Veterans Backlog
Wall Street Journal (blog) - 2 days ago
The Social Security Administration, under pressure from Congress, is moving to tighten rules that would require people applying for disability benefits to present the government with all relevant...
Newsday - 1 day ago
Two more Long Island Rail Road disability scammers who became cooperating witnesses for the government, including a former North Merrick volunteer fire commissioner, avoided prison time at their...
Q13 FOX - 1 day ago
... disabled adults in supported living. “We found there was a big backlog of complaints that were not getting investigated for up to nine months to a year before an investigation even started,”...
New York Times - 4 hours ago
For more than 30 years, he and a few dozen other men with intellectual disabilities — affecting their reasoning and learning — lived in a dot of a place called Atalissa, about 100 miles south of...
CBS Local - 24 hours ago
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — It's been a rough winter to get around for everyone, but it can be especially tough for people with disabilities. The Minnesota State Council on Disability reminded people...
NPR - 6 days ago
Florida's statute, as interpreted by the state supreme court, sets the definition of developmental disability at an IQ score of 70 or below. With anything higher, the defendant cannot put on...
Los Angeles Times - 3 days ago
The bad idea is a cutoff of disability benefits to anyone who is collecting unemployment benefits. The underlying idea is that this is somehow "double-dipping," and that people who collect...
AirForceTimes.com - 2 days ago
The biggest difference would be the elimination of the offset policy that prevents wounded warriors from collecting disability payments from both the Defense Department and Veterans Affairs...
Insurance News Net (press release) - 21 hours ago
Individuals who sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may not get the disability benefits they deserve if the emotional and cognitive consequences of their injuries are not well understood,...
MassLive.com - 1 day ago
"As Attorney General, she will be a devoted advocate for ending discrimination in housing, transportation, education and employment and will work to strengthen community-based services that will...
News via Google. See more news matching 'disability'